AREA has been actively cooperating as an EPEE member in the development of implementation guidelines for the revised Energy Performance of Buildings Directive 2018/844 (EPBD). Given the importance of the heating and cooling sector for the EU to achieve its decarbonisation efforts, we have developed these guidelines to provide Member States with recommendations on how to maximise efficiency gains in the building sector and examples of best practices.
These guidelines provide clarity and guidance on five key elements of the EPBD:
- Servicing and maintenance through inspections
- Building Automation and Control
- Implementation of European standards
- Full-load and part-load conditions
- High-efficiency alternative systems