Celebrated on the 8 March each year, International Women’s Day is a special opportunity to shine the spotlight on women working in our industry, highlighting their unique experiences and expertise, and what led them on this career path.
As the European association of national refrigeration, air conditioning and heat pump (RACHP) associations, representing RACHP contractors and engineers, AREA members represent more than 9,000 companies across Europe, a workforce of 125,000 and a turnover approaching € 20 billion.
Our industry is growing and in constant evolution, presenting increasing opportunities for women, from those looking to develop their careers further to those who are just starting out, to take advantage of.
To celebrate this day, and to showcase the opportunities in our sector, we are delighted to share with you the inspiring stories of five women and members of AREA, coming from a variety of backgrounds and expertise, supporting and playing a key role in shaping our industry:
- Giulia Gaudino, Marketing and Project Manager at Gaudino SRL
- Blanca Gómez García-Verdugo, Executive Manager of the Spanish Confederation of Contractors, CNI
- Riina Lönnblad, Project Manager at Combi Cool
- Laura Pulkki, Technical Support at Danfoss
- Susana Rodríguez, President of Asofrío
See below for the full interview.